Become a Live Well Leader
Senior Resources is presently looking for passionate individuals seeking rewarding volunteer opportunities. If you like promoting healthy living to individuals in your community, you would get a great deal of satisfaction from being a Live Well Leader. Leaders will be trained for free and required to teach with a co-leader; no prior experience is necessary. Leaders must demonstrate good communication and listening skills and be non-judgmental. Each volunteer is provided with a scripted leader manual to teach from. Workshop hours are flexible and you are only required to teach one six-week workshop a year. Volunteers may be eligible for gas reimbursement.
If you or someone you know would like to learn more, please call (860) 887-3561.
For Workshop Leaders
Are you looking for a fulfilling volunteer experience that will help people in your community get healthier and improve their lives? Then consider becoming a Live Well or Live Well Diabetes Workshop leader!
Live Well is a Chronic Disease Self-Management Program that helps empower people with ongoing health conditions to build self-confidence, manage their symptoms and maintain their health. Live Well with Diabetes is designed for people with Diabetes. We are currently looking for Volunteer Leaders to facilitate workshops.
Benefits for Workshop Leaders
Not only will you be an integral part of promoting healthy living in your community, there are many personal benefits to becoming a Workshop Leader.
- Learn how to apply healthy living skills to your own life
- Connect with other adults in a caring and interactive learning environment
- Flexible volunteer opportunities around your own interests and availability
- Workshop Leaders are given free training to facilitate Live Well Workshops
- Volunteer gas money may be available
Please note that you do not have to be a healthcare professional to become a Leader. Leaders should have the ability to:
- Speak in front of a group
- Work with a small group of people and build rapport
- Read aloud and follow a scripted leader’s manual
- Demonstrate good communication and listening skills
- Instill optimism in a person’s ability to make changes
- Be non-judgmental and respect different opinions
- Attend an information session and four days of a Live Well Leaders Training
- Co-facilitate a Live Well Workshop within 6 months of completing training
Leadership Training Programs
Leadership Training is available for the following programs:
- Live Well (Chronic Disease Self-Management Program)
- Live Well with Diabetes (Diabetes Self-Management Program)
- Live Well with Diabetes Cross Training (This one-day training is open only to active leaders who have already been trained on Live Well)
Ready to get started?
View our Leader Training schedule to find a class near you. View schedule
Sign up now to become a Workshop Leader. Apply now
Please contact us if you have questions about the program.